There’s a lot to be said about professional editing and its benefitst
- You need another set of eyes on any project.
- Professional editing is valuable, but when finding an editor you need to be sure they know your genre and that the two of you are a good fit. Editing can be very stressful, you don’t want to make it worse by working with a caustic relationship.
- Grow a thicker skin. You’re going to need it and with very few exceptions, your editor isn’t attack you. They’re trying to make you and your words better.
- Learn from your editor. The more you learn, the easier everyone’s job is.
- Price also comes into play. If you are not getting a decent ROI (Return on Investment) then you might want to shop around some more.